[The Conversation Africa] Vitamin A deficiency is the leading cause of preventable childhood blindness. It also increases the risk of death from common childhood illnesses such as diarrhoea. There are several ways to fight this public health threat: giving children vitamin A supplements; promoting more diverse diets; fortifying food; and bio-fortifying crops. Nutrition campaigns can go with these efforts.
- Pope at Audience: Let’s imitate Saint Therese’ loving ‘Little Way’ June 7, 2023
- St. Anthony Mary Gianelli June 7, 2023
- Kenya: Kipyegon Stretches Limits of Her Faith With Battle Against Triple World Record Holder Gidey in Florence June 7, 2023
- Kenya: Cholera – Health Crisis Threatens Dadaab Refugee Camp June 7, 2023
- East Africa: War in Sudan Puts South Sudan in Danger Too June 7, 2023